Thursday, October 14, 2010

Purl Soho..... a bit of a no go

My crafty friends will understand about the exciting heart palpitations I was having when I neared Purl Soho.... the actual store.

Regretfully, I must admit I was quite disappointed. The fabric range is quite small, compared with their online range. Most of their bolts are housed out of reach. Although their shop assistants are very friendly, you do feel you are imposing on them when you ask them to climb a ladder to fetch a bolt (or two, or seven) of fabric to look at and possibly purchase. I'm not sure where their logic is with that plan.... I quite possibly would have purchased a little more if I could grab it myself. Their Liberty is all within reach and priced at $35 per yard.

Their online sales are at least 10 times larger than instore, but from memory, their postage rates are higher than other places.

Amitie it certainly is not! How lucky are we in Melbourne to have Jenny!!

Only 3 out of 10 for Purl. 1 point for Soho, their neighborhood rocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment